Tanner and Associates is recruiting a SAS Director of Statistical Programming with full relocation to Southern California on behalf of a major biotechnology company.
- Builds and maintains the statistical programming infrastructure to ensure timely, quality, and cost-effective delivery of tables, listings, and graphs in support of Biostatistics across all clinical and pre-clinical projects.
- Monitors and manages budgetary information for project/study specific activity and provides ongoing updates and adjustments to the appropriate project manager/team representative
- Provides leadership role for the evaluation and adaptation of new computing technology and programming practices regarding statistical programming and systems development. Directs the developments and maintenance of programming standards, conventions, standard reporting systems and macro utility programs to achieve high efficiency and quality in statistical programming.
- Establishes and manages a global programming quality review and control program with appropriate Quality Control and monitoring procedures to insure proper implementation, development and delivery of programs. Manages a global Quality Improvement and feedback process to continually monitor and improve programming quality.
- Selects, hires, trains, and supervises and conducts performance reviews and determines salary changes in order to develop and maintain competent and qualified staff. Continually reviews and appraises the progress and performance of subordinates and designs individual programs to expand their knowledge, expertise and technical proficiency. Selects, hires, train and supervise contract and temporary programming resources as required to support project/study resource requirements.
- Direct the development and administration of global statistical programming group policies and procedures (SOPs), work instruction manuals (WIMs) to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and the achievement of a high quality and efficient statistical programming support function.
Education and Experience:
- Degree and experience in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field. Eleven (11) years of pharmaceutical experience with a master’s degree or equivalent. Eight (8) years of pharmaceutical experience with a Ph.D. degree or equivalent.
- Six to eight years of leadership role in a technical and/or statistical programming environment in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment. Minimum of four years in a management position in a multi-project environment with resource, timeline and budgetary responsibilities.
- Project Management experience in a global clinical trial environment.
- Experience in the development and implementation of global statistical programming standards and conventions.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of clinical trial methodology, emerging global programming and data interchange standards, as well as programming systems development and validation.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated technical abilities and skills particularly in statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, S-Plus).
Please send a CV and contact information to Jake Tanner at firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates within the US only please.
Tanner & Associates
Tanner & Associates